Status: OPEN to Review Requests.
Congratulations on your book! That is such an amazing accomplishment and you should be very proud. I wish I could read them all. However, at the moment, I’m being very selective because I’m also an author and working on writing my own stories as well.
I will not accept the copy if:
- The book doesn’t seem like something I am interested in. I think a writer/reviewer who is genuinely captivated by the subject of the book will be able to give a better point of view. It is not fair to you as an author to have me read a book if I don’t think I will be able to do it justice with a review.
- I don’t have the time to read and review the book in the near future. If so, I might deny the request even if I think I might enjoy the book.
- It has not been professionally edited and is full of spelling or grammatical errors.
Due to the lengthy time of responding to every email, I will only respond to review requests that I have decided to accept. If you do not hear back from me within a month please assume that I am respectfully declining your request.
Things I Am NOT Accepting:
- Short Stories
- Religious Fiction
- Comic Books
- Graphic Novels
Genres I Am Accepting
I recommend getting a feel for what I read by taking a look at my review archive. I do read quite a variety of things but these are the genres I typically read.
- Contemporary & Realistic YA
- YA Science Fiction
- YA Fantasy
- YA Historical Fiction
- Science Fiction
- Romance (No Erotica)
- Women’s Fiction
- Historical Fiction
What Forms I Will Accept
– physical copy (ARC or hardcover/paperback)
– digital copies (I have a Kindle)
What Should You Include In Your Request
- The title and author
- The full back cover blurb or summary
- The release date and publisher
- Word/Page Count
- Any other relevant information about the book you think I need
What Happens If I Accept Your Book For Review?
Before sending me a review request please understand that by accepting or receiving a book, I do not guarantee that it will be read immediately or posted on the blog immediately.
I also reserve the right to NOT post a review of your book should I not feel comfortable doing so. This could be because I’ve run out of time, didn’t really have anything to say about it, etc.
All reviews will be posted on Amazon and Goodreads. I will also try to get them onto BookBub if your book is on there. I do not guarantee any social media posts, such as a Facebook or Instagram post, about your book.
My review will have a short synopsis or summary, my personal thoughts on the plot and characters, along with a star rating from my rating scale.
My Reviews Might Possibly Also Include:
- Cover Image
- Link to Author’s Website
- Back Cover Blurb
- Author’s Social Media Links
- Amazon Purchase Link
What Happens If I Didn’t Enjoy Your Book?
All of my reviews will be my honest opinion, whether or not I enjoyed your book. I will not write a four or five star review just because I read your book. If you are not okay with the fact that a negative review could be posted, please do not request a review. On the rare occasion, I will reach out to the author and decline to post a review if I feel that I couldn’t be an impartial reviewer.
- 5 Star: Mind-blowing! Perfect. Wonderful. Highest recommendation!
- 4 Star: Really liked it. Great read. Will recommend!
- 3 Star: Enjoyed it. Good read. (This is still a good review!)
- 2 Star: Meh, it was okay. Had some issues with it. Not for me.
- 1 Star: Very much disliked. Did not enjoy at all.
- DNF: Did Not Finish
In addition to reviews, what else are you open to?
– Author Interviews: Typically, I only interview authors once I have read and reviewed their book.
– Giveaways: I will only post a giveaway of a book I have read or am planning to read!
– Guest Blogging: I am interested in sharing my blog posts on other book blogs and I will accept guest bloggers with topics I am interested to and that are relevant to my site.
I am NOT open to:
– promo blitzes
– cover reveals
– anything spam
– posting about your book when I have not read it
– paid reviews on my site
– blog tours
Where Should I Submit My Review Request?
Using the contact form below, submit all the relevant requested information.
If you have followed my guidelines and your book falls under my things I’m requesting and you have NOT heard from me, I apologize but sometimes I’m not apply to respond to every request. (I really do try though.)
Books reviewed by me are provided by the agent, author or publisher in exchange for my honest and personal review free of charge, and is always stated in the review post. I receive no monetary compensation for book reviews, interviews, or giveaways. At this time, the I am not participating in any affiliate programs. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.